Saturday, January 7, 2012

Worship and fun

Sorry I have not posted in a while, been very very busy.

Well to start off I just have to say the worship here is so amazing! Everyday I am just dancing and singing just declaring my love for the Lord. Each day I learn a brand new song but that does not stop me. I am filled with so much joy!

Anyways the topic for this last few days have been worship. Our worship leader, Zach, is filled with so much knowledge. He taught us that the act of worship is to place God above everything else in terms of priority or attention. Then we went into the scriptures and look at Genesis 4, the story of Cain and Abel. When you ready you learn the Cain brought "some fruit" and that Abel brought fat portions from the firstborn of his flock, which is the best. Cain did not give God his best. But Abel did. We should give God the best every single time we come to him. Then we started jumping around the bible looking at many stories. He taught us to be humble before God and to hunger for him. He finished his message by having us all be quiet for 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes he asked anyone to lead out in worship. Could be a verse, a song, a dance, or just something on your heart. Many people spoke and in the end we were all just worshiping crying out for the Lord. That was one of the best days so far.

Yesterday was my birthday. Also one of the hardest and most fun days. It started normally, get up, go to the class, go to lunch, and lunch duties, my job for the 3 months I am here is to spray off the dishes. Then the moment we were all waiting for...OUTREACH LOCATIONS!!!! My leaders told me they were going to show us thre places. We were to take 10 minutes to an hour to pray where God wanted us to go. The choices were Thailand, Argentina, or Uganda. We went off to pray. Right away I knew I was suppose to go to Uganda. I prayed for a little longer and then finally wrote it down. On Monday I find out if that is where I am going.

Since it was my birthday I decided to do something really stupid and really fun. To jump in the lake. Right now its 20 degrees. So the water would have to be in the negatives. By buddy Chris, he is from Texas, decided to go with me. We hiked down to the lake and climbed in. Rachel, from Canada, decided to come with us and film. Right when my feet hit the water I knew it was a stupid idea. My whole body went numb. I rushed to the shore as fast as possible. I dried off and everything was okay.


Well that's all that has been happening. Right now I would just like to ask you to pray for my friend Matt Swale. He was bleeding internally but it has stopped, but he is in a coma right now. So please be keeping him in your heart.


Thank you all for reading this. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment