Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Grieving

Moving to a new place you expect the first week to be hard. Well, I probably had one of the hardest weeks I have had in a long time. My friend, Matt Swale, passed away a few days ago. On the 5th Matt was sent to the hospital because he was bleeding internally. In the matter of a few days he passed away. A few hours before I was crying out to God. Yelling and screaming as tears fell down my face, asking God to heal Matt, to let him live. I fell on my face just sobbing, but all of a sudden I was covered in peace. I realized that Matt loved the Lord and I would see him again. I am sad that he died but I am happy that he is in a better place.

Matt was a man that was in love with the Lord. I only knew him a few months but I think of him as a close friend. Everyday he would come to the church and volunteer. He did it all with a smile on his face. He also served in the Children's Ministry. His passion was to help kids learn the gospel so they would grow up and love Jesus no matter what happens to them. He loved every single kid that walked into the room. He made sure he said hi and talked to every single one. The kids looked up to him because he was loving and would take time to get to know the kids.

Matt walked in 100% faith. He gave up so much to serve the Lord. He was one of the most compassionate person I have ever met. I miss him so much. But I know he is in heaven with our Father, smiling and dancing around. I'll see him again one day. I cant wait for the day to give my friend a hug again.

Please be praying for Matt's family. The lose of a son is something parents should never have to go through. Pray that they will have peace, and that this will bring them towards the Lord, not away.

Matt Swale, August 11, 1981 - January 8, 2012

1 comment: